Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently just bought a new Ford Edge (wicked sweet) and one of the things that i read in the book was the ability to speed up or slow down while on cruise, just by tapping the buttons, and each tap would be 1 MPH up or down. I remember a friend of mine had a 95 exploder and the cruise buttons on that rig worked the same way; if you want to speed up 5 MPH, just tap the button 5 times. My 95 Taurus does not work this way. Is my car supposed to work this way? And if so what part might i need to change? As it is now i have to hold "set" or "coast" till i reach the new speed and then let go, which works, but wouldn't it be cool if the system was smarter than that?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
My 00 increases by increments of 1 for each accel or decel push. I thought G2s worked the same way?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Yes to slow down hold until you are at the speed you want then I think I use to double tap the button.

Same with increasing the speed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Apr 14 2009, 01:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717568
Only the automatic SHO does it for '95.[/b]

Well the only meaningful differance between my car and the SHO would be the transmission/speed sensor. The cruise control computer and the control buttons should be the same as my car. Why would a speed sensor determine how the cruise buttons work?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Apr 14 2009, 10:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717808
I don't know, I'm just going by what the manual says.[/b]
Well apparently the the tap tap lies in the fact that the cruise in the SHO is run by the PCM and the cruise in the SLO has its own amplifier module. I guess having it run through the PCM it just works better.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
the taurus should be close to the 1 tap per mph....at least for speeding up. my cruise control on my 94 responded a lot better after i replaced the vacume lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts