Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

So I've had my car for about a year now and for the most part everything is running fine. Except for a couple issues I thought I might take up here.

So my antenna doesn't go up or down and I'm pretty sure the motor in the antenna is busted, but any other ideas are welcome since I'm not an expert.

My biggest issue right now is that my Cigarette lighter port doesn't work. And I dont smoke so its not dirty or anything. I'm pretty sure its the fuse but again it could be anything else and I'm not an expert so any other advice on the matter is welcome.

My exhaust is very loud and rattly.

My check engine light is on

When my car idles it makes strange noises and it almost feels like its like trying to move forward when I'm pressing on the brake.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
So my antenna doesn't go up or down and I'm pretty sure the motor in the antenna is busted, but any other ideas are welcome since I'm not an expert.
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/124-taurus-sable-general-discussion/161831-power-antenna.html

^^ might help

My biggest issue right now is that my Cigarette lighter port doesn't work. And I dont smoke so its not dirty or anything. I'm pretty sure its the fuse but again it could be anything else and I'm not an expert so any other advice on the matter is welcome.
If it isn't the fuse, check the wire that connects it. Fuse position 13, 20amp rating.

My exhaust is very loud and rattly.
Get underneath while it's running and check for leaks. The flex pipe (I think that's the name) right after the cats has rings that pop off and rattle badly.

My check engine light is on
Pull the codes and make a thread, people can help you diagnose the issue.

When my car idles it makes strange noises and it almost feels like its like trying to move forward when I'm pressing on the brake.
Most automatics do move forward somewhat while in D, once you let off the brakes. I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just not sure what you mean by that. Could you describe the noises? What part of the engine bay is it coming from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its hard to explain the sounds, Like I can hear the exhaust kinda fluttering and I see the RPM meter kinda jumping up a bit. It used to be a lot worse, it used to make those sounds and stall out every time I stopped at a stop light. But I got it fixed but it still makes the sounds with out stalling.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Well its hard to explain the sounds, Like I can hear the exhaust kinda fluttering and I see the RPM meter kinda jumping up a bit. It used to be a lot worse, it used to make those sounds and stall out every time I stopped at a stop light. But I got it fixed but it still makes the sounds with out stalling.
Engine miss.

You should really go and have the codes pulled, it would really help narrow it down. There's lots of possibilities.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
But I got it fixed but it still makes the sounds with out stalling.
What did you have done to it?

A loping idle could be a lot of things, intake leaks, a bad IAC motor, etc. Definitely post the numerical codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah I really wish I could do this. I might go to Autozone in the next week and try and get the codes. By codes do you guys mean codes for parts? Or issues?

·
Super Moderator
8,591 Posts
We mean Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), the alphanumeric codes the PCM stores when it detects a problem, like P0401, P0174, P1744, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts