Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main problem is the black piece of plastic that sits on the windshield with the vents on it.. Its loose, there is only one screw that is actually tightened to where it should be. There are I think 2 screws missing, and the rest are just kind of sitting there, not tightened to anything. At the center where the two pieces come together, they can easily be lifted up, but thats about it. I'm not sure if I should try and lift it up to see if I can re-set it and bolt it in again.

The other problem is with the tape player.. yes I still use the tape player. Heh.. I use it with a portable MP3 cd player and one of those tapes that let you use a portable cd player in the car. It works perfectly with the car sitting in the driveway.. but once I'm driving, I think its the tape player that stops working right. I can hear radio stations in the background even if its supposed to be on tape mode.. and sound will keep cutting out. Has anyone else had problems with the tape player before? I've tested out my CD player and the tape too.. they work fine in other cars.

Its a 99 by the way

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
The plastic missing screws is a fairly common problem. Id check a junkyard, autozone, or even a dealer to see if you could get screws. I just went the other day to the dealer and they hooked me up with free screws for the door panels. :D

I would just get a new radio, they are cheap enough. Do you have climate control or the knobs? If you have the knobs, I have a Aftermarket converter I have been trying to get rid of........

-Damon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts