Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My 99 Taurus se sometime has ONE clear click sound when making a left/right turn from the front right wheel direction, just like something broken something. 50% of all the turns I can hear that. Anybody has some idea what it is?

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds not like a big problem? The problem is it's not easy to locate it. I will leave it for now and see what will happen.

Thank you guys,

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More information:

The sound only can be heard when the car moves very slowly. It typically happens when the front right wheel goes down into a lower place and when it moves out, the click is heard. But it doesn't happen if two front wheel move up and down together.

So I am thinking it could be something about suspension: it happens when the front right wheel suspension streach out and then supress, there is something wrong there.

Anybody have some idea what it is?

Thanks again.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had the same problem and it turned out to be the plastic stabilizer arm. They were around $40 per side canadian to replace. I have read there are metal ones out there which makes more sence, I just couldn't find them here in Canada. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by calvin@Feb 28 2004, 11:43 AM
Had the same problem and it turned out to be the plastic stabilizer arm. They were around $40 per side canadian to replace. I have read there are metal ones out there which makes more sence, I just couldn't find them here in Canada. Good luck!
I believe I am having the same problem. This morning I jacked the right front wheel up and checked the suspension there. seems everything is fine, except when I tried to shake the white plastic sway bar arm, and found out the lower end is loose. I shaked the left one, it is very firm, no space at all.

As I believe it still function well except the loose problem, I will get it fixed when the weather get warmer.

Thank you guys again. I love my taurus, I love this forum

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts