Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 97 3.0 dohc i went to trusty autozone got the recharge kit bring it home kick the ac pump on ckeck the pressure in the system, do all the stuff i am suppose to and i start charging it and well damn it has a leak and i am talking leak! boy howdy! it is the line that runs in front of the car along the radatior! i don't know wut it is called! i need to get it and get it soon bc it is getting stick and humid out, can't drive moms around in a hot car! does anyone know wut this line is called? if so please let me know!

thanks chad

oh how do i got about getting a banner for my car to promote this site
that would rawk!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Thats your A/C condenser that is leaking.

Also, I dont know what to tell you about banners, but stickers are available.

Check the club news section for information about the stickers.

-DC

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isn't the conderncer like a smaller radatior? i can't spell it is late lol it is just the line leaking in a lil sopt how do i get a sticker for my car

·
Registered
411 Posts
The lines are called Suction (low side, the cold one) and Discharge (High Side, the hot one)

Is it leaking in the hose or the at a connection?

Oh yea, the condenser's job is to remove heat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is leaking where the soft line runs into the hardline in the front of the car, i was thinking about just jb welding it for now bc i can't afford to get it fixed right now with all my moms bills rolling in

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
jb weld will not work. that is the high pressure side it will just blow it right off if it actually hold it would be a miracle but none the less you would be wasting money and since A/C system is essentially being exposed to humid weather then you will have to replace accumulator on the low side because it will automatically try to take moisture out of the air.

I ran my brothers truck with out replacing the accumulator and it worked fine but it may become an issue down the road.

if you can get us a pic of the line we might be able to help you more.

·
Registered
411 Posts
That sounds like the high side line alright. JB weld is a no-no due to the extreme pressures.

At a minimum, this is what needs to be done:

New hose
New Accumulator
Pull a Vac for at least an hour
Charge R-134a and oil charge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts