Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive an 07 Taurus.When I use the A/C, it seems to run constantly, not cycling.What type of throttling system does this car use? CCOT or an expans. valve system .What are the normal operating pressures and the cycling pressures on and off.Does this car's A/C, cycle ,using a thermostat or a low pressure control?Or does this system stay activated (compressor) all the time the A/C is turned on.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
its an expansion valve system and it should cycle. the pressures really depend on the temps... they can change your pressures alot. have you done a performance tast on the system?

windows open
max a/c
throttle up to 1500-2000rpm after waiting a minute or two
thermometer in dash vent nearest evaporator
max fan setting

temps should be about 30 degrees below ambient temp

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
It isnt really an expansion valve system, (expansion valve implies a variable opening mechanical valve controlled by evap core temp that was common from the 50s thru the 70s) it is a fixed orifice tube system. Compressor turn on / turn off is controlled by the cycling clutch pressure switch located on the accumulator. CCPS are a known failure mode of the AC system, with the CCPS usually failing open, giving no AC function. If it fails closed, comp will run constantly, but evap core will likely freeze up after a while.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
wow sorry its been a while since my ac class... think i should find my book back for a refresher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts