Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am driving normally on the highway or going around town without stopping a lot my a/C works fine but if I am moving slow..like in a traffic jam!!..or for short trips with a lot of stops, My A/C gets warm and seems to quit..but when I get moving like back up to hwy speed...all seems OK. does anyone know what this might be. I first thought clutch and coil, but if that was the case, it probably wouldn't get cool quickly when back at speed again.
Anyone have any similar experiences? Or ideas what might cause this?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Check to see if your cooling fans are coming on. If the refridgerant isn't getting cooled that can be one issue. Also have your refrigerent pressures checked.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Referigrant was recharged 2 months ago..vacuumed and replaced. will check fans..although cooling system temp stays cool ...wouldn't this be an indicator of working motors?
Might it be bad or slower motors?

·
Registered
20 Posts
How does your condensor look?

At speed your getting airflow thru the condensor=A/C blowing cool

No speed/airflow thru the condensor= warm A/C output

Just a thought, hope this helps

Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does your condensor look?

At speed your getting airflow thru the condensor=A/C blowing cool

No speed/airflow thru the condensor= warm A/C output

Just a thought, hope this helps

Good luck
No...I meant how is the A/C fan condenser a seperate circuit...I thought the fan controlled the air thru the radiator and also the A/C condenser..so how is that 2 seperate circuits?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
I meant electrically there is two circuits. In the CCRM there is a relay to power the fans when the A/C is being demanded and another relay to turn the fans on to cool the coolant when the engine temp get's hot. I was suggesting checking that the A/C electrical circuit was supplying power to the fans.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I meant electrically there is two circuits. In the CCRM there is a relay to power the fans when the A/C is being demanded and another relay to turn the fans on to cool the coolant when the engine temp get's hot. I was suggesting checking that the A/C electrical circuit was supplying power to the fans.
Ok...I'll do that...thanks for the clarification!!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would you happen to know where the relay is located...I'm not very electrically inclined.
Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually haven't checked yet...I will check later today and post what I find out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts