Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 SEL w/65,000 miles. Just charged the system with R134A and it works OK (compressor OK and is cooling) but as soon as the engine gets to operating temp, the air out of the ducts is blowing hot. I did the AETC diagnostic test and came up with these indications after simultaneously pressing floor and OFF buttons followed by pressing the A/C button:

The first code appearing is 24, then E0, then 11, then 84, then 00 and once it displayed each of those tests, reverts to cool mode. I understand code 24 is supposed to be the blend deflector valve but those other codes don't mean anything to me. Is there a way to reset the AETC codes? I did not disconnect the battery as is indicated in some related posts on A/C problems. I do not have the Ford Service Manual so I'm at a loss on these codes or what action to take. Does anyone know what those other codes mean? Did I initiate the diagnostic test correctly? I assume the floor button is any one of the three showing air going to the floor. Is there one specific floor button that needs to be pressed while holding the OFF button?

Thanks,

Jim
2001 Taurus SEL 3.0L DOHC
2001 AM General H-1 Hummer
94 Mustang Cobra
08 Ford Escape

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Please read the rules and post in the appropriate section.

The admins have to move threads nearly every day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts