Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I resolved one prob here come another. LOL 

This time my AC is dead(I think). Symptoms is no cold air, and I notice when I poop the hood the compressor is on and off (every 4-5 sec), no moist on the AC tube (normally it has). please don’t tell me that I need to replaced the compressor. :x: (don’t have budget for now). :( Thank much..

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Take it to a shop for a recharge. They will usually test for leaks before recharging. If it's just low, then recharge it. If they say it's leaking (they usually put some dye in the system to see it) then you'll know what's up. Usually if the compressor is dead then it shouldn't be coming on and off.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
hi,

best thing to do is have the system checked with a gauge set.

that will tell you what is going on between cycles.

if the system is very low, the compressor will not engage.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It will be a leak somewhere. A shop likely won't recharge it without fixing the leak - at least, they aren't supposed to, by law. Not in Canada anyway. If we know a system has a leak, we aren't supposed to charge it up and leave it charged without fixing the leak. We can get huge fines for that. Which is stupid, cuz Joe Blow can buy cans off the shelf to charge the system up himself when it's leaking, without fixing it. So i don't get why we can be charged, just because we work in a shop and have a license to do A/C work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be a leak somewhere. A shop likely won't recharge it without fixing the leak - at least, they aren't supposed to, by law. Not in Canada anyway. If we know a system has a leak, we aren't supposed to charge it up and leave it charged without fixing the leak. We can get huge fines for that. Which is stupid, cuz Joe Blow can buy cans off the shelf to charge the system up himself when it's leaking, without fixing it. So i don't get why we can be charged, just because we work in a shop and have a license to do A/C work.
[/b]
owww really i didnt know that. i think they will check for some reason why freon goes out! thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts