Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get past the fact that I don't see the clutch engaging on the A/C compressor (that's a whole nother subject).

However, it blows nuclear hot in all settings (unless the A/C control is turned off). Even if I turn the temp control all the way to cold, it continues to blow hot air, with no relief, even after several minutes in the 'cold' position.

This car does not have the automatic temp control; it's just the plain old 3 knob control head.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
I can get past the fact that I don't see the clutch engaging on the A/C compressor (that's a whole nother subject).

However, it blows nuclear hot in all settings (unless the A/C control is turned off). Even if I turn the temp control all the way to cold, it continues to blow hot air, with no relief, even after several minutes in the 'cold' position.

This car does not have the automatic temp control; it's just the plain old 3 knob control head.
Maybe a bad blend door actuator? I'm not sure if they can stick open or not. Just a thought! If the clutch doesn't engage with the heat/def on, you need to service the A/C system probably.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anyone tell me how to get to the blender actuator to check it? How much of the dash has to come off? Could there be a vacuum leak somewhere in the line? The manual I have does not specifically cover this. TX!

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to get to the blender actuator to check it? How much of the dash has to come off? Could there be a vacuum leak somewhere in the line? The manual I have does not specifically cover this. TX!
I hope someone else can reply and offer a second opinion. I've never done one on a Taurus, but I've had the dash ripped apart before. I guess it's behind the radio/glove box area, you probably have to remove that and the ashtray maybe?

It looks like a pack of smokes. I'm not 100% sure if it's your issue, but it's a place to start. Can you get it to blow cold at all?

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Pull radio with din keys leaving it hooked up resting on ashtray, shifter or console. With key turned to on, rotate temp. knob and look and listen for actuator movement. Din keys available at walmart and most parts stores for under $5. Insert keys fully into holes on ea. side of the radio and with a little outwards pressure on the keys, pull (slide) radio and hvac controls out. As stated above, actuator is a white or black plastic square a little bigger than a pack of smokes or deck of cards secured to plenum with 3-4 bolts and an elec. conn.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I'm working on this now that it's getting warmer...

I don't have the Electronic controlled A/C; just the three knob control head...

I don't see what Sheila describes, so I guess this is where the disconnect is...

TX!

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
I just noticed this is on a 94. Ive only messed with gen 3s (96-99). Set-up may be a little different on gen 2s.? Can you change your vent selection, or is it always blowing the hot air from just the defrost vents? If defrost only, may be indicative of a vacuum leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts