Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been looking into this problem lately and haven't found any luck. My problem is cold air only comes out of the bottom and top vents but no air comes out of the middle vents. I was thinking the vacuum hose was broke, but if it was there wouldn't be any air. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,667 Posts
Does most of the air come out the defrost vents with just a little coming out the floor? If so, the system has suffered a vac loss and defaulted to defrost.

Many causes: 1)broken / leaking vac line to cabin - look for the vac line that goes thru the firewall on the pass side. 2)Leaking / broken HVAC vac reservoir / vac hose. If I remember correctly, vac reservoir is in the pass side fender. 3)damaged vac line to HVAC controls under the dash. 4)Faulty vac distribution switch (mode selector) 5)dead / leaking mode select vac motor(s) under dash.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does most of the air come out the defrost vents with just a little coming out the floor? If so, the system has suffered a vac loss and defaulted to defrost.

Many causes: 1)broken / leaking vac line to cabin - look for the vac line that goes thru the firewall on the pass side. 2)Leaking / broken HVAC vac reservoir / vac hose. If I remember correctly, vac reservoir is in the pass side fender. 3)damaged vac line to HVAC controls under the dash. 4)Faulty vac distribution switch (mode selector) 5)dead / leaking mode select vac motor(s) under dash.
Oh wow, sounds a lot of looking around to find the problem...haha. guess i will get started tomorrow, anything I should look for on here that has pictures to look for, or how to get to some parts?

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts

Am I not glad I have Taurus?
Thanks, Jeff K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts