Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angryfire: I've got a 97 Mecury Sable V6 3.0L with no A/C currently. I started to do the repairs on the car myself, ordered the manifold tube assembly set from a ford dealership (forked over the extra dough cause I've had the worst luck with after market parts!). Well, long story short, its the right part (F8DH-19D734-AA) but it doesn't fit. The suction side hits the exhaust manifold, and the discharge side (going to the condensor) is too close to the exhaust manifold (I was told by a [email protected] a Ford dealership that it would become super-heated). I was just wondering, if anyone else has/ or ever had this problem....?!?

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (USS_Defiant @ May 27 2009, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728415
:angryfire: I've got a 97 Mecury Sable V6 3.0L with no A/C currently. I started to do the repairs on the car myself, ordered the manifold tube assembly set from a ford dealership (forked over the extra dough cause I've had the worst luck with after market parts!). Well, long story short, its the right part (F8DH-19D734-AA) but it doesn't fit. The suction side hits the exhaust manifold, and the discharge side (going to the condensor) is too close to the exhaust manifold (I was told by a [email protected] a Ford dealership that it would become super-heated). I was just wondering, if anyone else has/ or ever had this problem....?!?[/b]

I had a problem with the one I purchased at Advanced Auto. After struggling for a day trying to get the new one in I returned it and found out they sold me the one for the OHV and I needed the DOHC. I even specified DOHC when ordering it :mad: If your new one is shaped different AT ALL, it is not the correct part. Bring your old manifold in and tell them to give you the correct one.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have one taken from a 96 Taurus with Vulcan engine sitting in the garage (I don't remember if it's the one from my car, or the one from the engine that I replaced in my car).

Worked fine when removed.

It should be the same one as your 97 Sable with Vulcan engine. You can have it for $25, plus the shipping if you need it. Double check with a parts seller website to confirm that it's the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE:
I called the dealership that I got the lines from and described to them my problem. I find out that my car is the California model (I guess the emissions are different in the engine), and that is way the hoses do not fit is because its not for my car! Its got the same part number (19D734) however with a DA at the end instead of an AA. So FYI to everyone. I didnt know that and I wish that I would of. I was also told that the DA line was discontinued (I was able to get the part still from a dealer). I've got the new part and it fits... I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts