Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A/C hose leak. Liquid line hose extension bolt on p/n

I have 2007 gen 4 Vulcan and I need help locating a part. I need the a/c high side hose that bolts onto the tube coming from the compressor. The hose is aluminum where it bolts on but changes to a black hose. That's where it leaks due to a.h. ex so-called mechanic who tied the hose up with a bread wrapper, which broke, and pully rubbed hole in the hose. I've tried to buy locally but no one has it or do t know what the part number is. I believe it goes to the firewall and bolts onto evaporator or whatever it's called. Here's a part number I got from local parts house Global A/C 4811590. They ordered it but the wrong hose was shipped. It's hot here. I need my m A/C! Thank you in advance.
Idk how to paste pics from iphone. Here's pic Ty-john

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I know this is probably a little late, but I just saw this.

It's hard to tell by the pics, but does this look like the part you need? It looks like it's a 2 piece line that includes the high pressure fitting.

GPD # 4811269 - Can be found on Rock Auto for $27.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Given that you have had air ingress into the system, it might be best to replace the accumulator-drier and orifice tube. Generally, I'm not a fan of of swapping parts, but there is a desiccant package in the accumulator-drier. Once exposed to unfettered atmosphere for a while, especially in a humid environment, the desiccant saturates and can't dry the system any longer. Given that you already have to go through the trouble of evacuating and recharging the system, you might as well replace both linesets and the the orifice tube. I know that when I did this on my Sable, the tube was terribly clogged and I'm surprised my AC worked at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Four-Seasons-55308-Accumulator-Hose/dp/B001LMSKSU/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/137-2925858-8108422?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001LMSKSU&pd_rd_r=2fa20c44-c3e4-4f01-aca2-1d282d9e05e8&pd_rd_w=G7nI6&pd_rd_wg=YBlDU&pf_rd_p=a2006322-0bc0-4db9-a08e-d168c18ce6f0&pf_rd_r=XR8EERSYMMB031EM9A4F&psc=1&refRID=XR8EERSYMMB031EM9A4F

1 - 4 of 4 Posts