Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I have a 2011 SHO with an odd A/C issue. In the past month I've replaced the A/C blend door motor due to the plastic gears being stripped. Worked fine after. Now, however, I find myself with an issue OPPOSITE of what is the norm; When I turn on the driver and passenger a/c the passenger side gets cold enough to hang meat, but the driver side struggles to get luke warm. I'm at a loss on this one. All forums and internet searches only discusses the passenger side being the problem. I've tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and shutting the car off with the system both on and off. I need help on this ne. I'm fairly mechanically inclined and I can do the work as far as replacing parts or lubricating anything that needs it, just cant get the system to switch from warm to cold on the driver side. Please help.

Randy :huh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really? No one has thoughts? I know the blend door actuator is working. I can feel the cage turn in the a/c box when I switch back and forth from circulating air to defrost/outside air. What would cause the driver side not to switch from warm to cold?
:unsure:

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Maybe the door has separated from the shaft so it turns but the door doesn't actually move? Or did you just replace the driver's side temp actuator? If so did you go through the calibration on it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I've done thus far is replaced the blend door motor behind the glove box ( working) and ensured the interior ambient temperature sensor was clean. Where is the actuator located ?

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
The driver side temp actuator is up under the dash on the driver's side. So I think you are looking at the wrong one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, talked to some experts and figured I'd roll the dice and have a vacuum pulled on the system and have it recharged and look for leaks. No leaks, fresh R12 and COLD AIR! I reackon it was just low of coolant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts