Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my a/c compressor is cycling on, it's making a clicking or thumping sound that is louder than before -- at least while driving at higher speed on an open road. It also creates a vibration I can feel with my foot on the floorboard and I think the engine is hesitating slightly more than I've noticed before. At slower speeds or while idling, there doesn't seem to be anything abnormal. I've never heard it switch on this loudly, nor felt the vibration with my foot like this. Since it doesn't mis-behave while idling, I've not been able to see what's happening under the hood. Thankfully the air is still good and cold. Any ideas what's going on? Thank you all very much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
When my a/c compressor is cycling on, it's making a clicking or thumping sound that is louder than before -- at least while driving at higher speed on an open road. It also creates a vibration I can feel with my foot on the floorboard and I think the engine is hesitating slightly more than I've noticed before. At slower speeds or while idling, there doesn't seem to be anything abnormal. I've never heard it switch on this loudly, nor felt the vibration with my foot like this. Since it doesn't mis-behave while idling, I've not been able to see what's happening under the hood. Thankfully the air is still good and cold. Any ideas what's going on? Thank you all very much!
I Have the same problem, dealer serviced A/C, replaced pugs wires and coil pack, I'm poorer and still have problem.
flyingscott

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Have the same problem, dealer serviced A/C, replaced pugs wires and coil pack, I'm poorer and still have problem.
flyingscott
Hi, I am just now seeing your post, so sorry for the delay. I sold the car in 2020, and honestly don't remember what resolved this issue. I do remember heading out for a two hour drive, and this happened, about 20 min. down the road and I decided to turn around and go get my other car instead. But after that I really don't remember what, if anything I did about it. Maybe it stopped making the noise so I shurgged it off. I put a new drive belt (Continental / Gatorback for no squeeling) and idler pulley on that car sometime -- but that's all I remember ever doing to that part of the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts