Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my A/C condenser fan not getting any power, allowing the pressure on the high side to get extremely high. The compressor is getting hot and making a whining sound. Took it in to get looked at at a local shop, and they found that the fan isn't getting any power. They jumped it from a different power source and it worked correctly. All fuses are good, so it seems as if there is an electrical problem with one of the control modules or the like.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on here? AC blows cold for a short time until the pressure gets too high and cuts the compressor off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Fans

I have a problem with my A/C condenser fan not getting any power, allowing the pressure on the high side to get extremely high. The compressor is getting hot and making a whining sound. Took it in to get looked at at a local shop, and they found that the fan isn't getting any power. They jumped it from a different power source and it worked correctly. All fuses are good, so it seems as if there is an electrical problem with one of the control modules or the like.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on here? AC blows cold for a short time until the pressure gets too high and cuts the compressor off.

Thanks!
Based on the '01 and '03 with the DOHC engine, both fans will run anytime the A/C is on. There is a "engine cooling fan resistor" that makes the fans run at low speed for A/C or engine over some temp. High speed is reserved for engine hotter than normal, exact temp not important here. I would start with the resistor. On mine, it is inside one of the fan cowls.

You must have running fans for A/C to work, as you have found out.

Check the easy ones first.

-chart-

·
Registered
12 Posts
not sure if this helps at all as i dont know as much as most ppl on here but i know the Relay Control Module powers your AC clutch so you may want to look into that if everything else fails. like i said i may be wayy off but just tryin to help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts