Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my heater off the 2004 Ford Taurus runs great. About 5 seconds after I turn my defrost on I hear a short grind that sounds like a coffee grinder and my a/c compressor shoots liquid out the front bottom onto the engine. The fluid looks like it bubbles. It's a new a/c compressor and my windshield fogs on anything other than the defrost setting. I checked my heater core for leaks and can not find one. I definitely can see the a/c compressor shoot the liquid on the engine when it does that grind sound. Any or all help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22,693 Posts
Is the h2o pump leaking coolant from it's bottom weep hole and the coolant is getting thrown by the a/c pulley? Perhaps the grind is the h2o pump failing.

·
Registered
22,693 Posts
If the green liquid is r134a and pag46 oil, then a/c compressor and/or seals may have failed. Did you or a shop install the compressor? Either way, it looks like warranty time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was overfilled by shop. The mechanic took some out and I been driving today with no grinding sound, my idle returned to normal and my heat and AC both working correctly. He told me the a/c compressor is built to do that to release pressure. I'll find out though if it is shot for sure in the next few weeks if anything changes and then the shop will be fixing it if it does end up failing. So far though everything seems to be good.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I had one pop long time ago. Cause was the fans were not working. The A/C over pressured due to no air through the condenser coil.
-chart-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts