Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone from here know the code of the A/C compressor and the clutch(taurus '97 vulcan).
or if there is a site/link that i can use.

THX! :)

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
Could you please be more specific? I, and I am guessig everyone else, has no idea what you mean by "the code of the AC comp and clutch". Are you talking about a DTC??? the Ford replacement part number??? Something else???

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops sorry about that! i am asking bout the Ford Replacement part # i will replace my A/C comp and maybe its cluctch also, as the dealer is not sure about the said parts for my car ('97 taurus "vulcan").
Thanks again!

·
Registered
346 Posts
oops sorry about that! i am asking bout the Ford Replacement part # i will replace my A/C comp and maybe its cluctch also, as the dealer is not sure about the said parts for my car ('97 taurus "vulcan").
Thanks again!
[/b]
Tasca ford has an online catalog. my cousin ordered the ac compressor for his 01 ses vulcan from them OEM motorcraft part with warranty. I think you'll need to do the drier line also. only problem he had after he did his was the ac cycling switch was bad. took it to the dealer (independent mechanic installed it all) and the dealer "master technician" said all the ice all over the ac lines was normal... he made a good argument but i was skeptical. so i told my cousin to go his ass down to oreilly and buy a low pressure cycling switch. We put it on. Problem solved... No idea why the motorcraft part there would be bad but the compressor is nice with a redesigned clutch on it. think the same compressor goes on a 97 (mine is a 97 gl) cuz's is an 01 ses.
http://www.tascafordparts.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts