Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the deal. My 98 Sable has been blowing warm air out of the A/C. When I first got the car last August, it didn't do this. Now, I checked the level of R134a and its a little high. So, I figured this wasn't a problem. I also checked everything that was mentioned in detroitravers post about her air blowing hot air. Everything looks fine. All the hoses are connected, the door opens properly, and the RPM's drop a bit when I turn the air on. But for some reason its still blows warm air. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? Or should I just take it into the shop and have a professional look at it? Any input you could give me would be great!

·
Registered
397 Posts
aint no chance you have a bunch of crap stuck in the ventilation system is there?

If it is a little high - that may be a problem. Not sure HOW, but call a shop and just ask if the AC pressure being high will cause it to not work right. If so, you can bleed extra pressure yourself. Careful tho, freon or whatever 134 is called can cause injury.

Not to sound retarded, but you don't accidently have the controls set to heat do you?

maybe the heater door inside the dash is not moving right, check this out.
Also, the taurus does not tend to cool down well if you are sitting in park, the car almost HAS to be moving...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well to answer all of your questions, the gauge says its supposed to be between 25 and 45. Right now its sitting atabout 50 or 55. And no, the settings are all set to cool. I even took the knobs of to make sure they weren't stripped. How would I go about checking the heater door? I checked the thing that they told detroitraver to check, and it seems to be working fine. Also, its blows warm air no matter what. So, I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts