Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The wife brought to my attention what felt like transmission slip. Checked the fluid level and it was fine. I took the car down the road a bit and noticed a few things that are a little puzzleing. When the car is in park the a/c works fine. When put in gear, the air feels as though the compressor isn't working. When I put it back in park and hold the engine at aprox. 2000 rpm it still blows cold. What would be the possible relationship between the two? Is there a sensor that could be causing what appears to be trans. problems and the a/c to act up at the same time? It is a 2005 model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The wife brought to my attention what felt like transmission slip. Checked the fluid level and it was fine. I took the car down the road a bit and noticed a few things that are a little puzzleing. When the car is in park the a/c works fine. When put in gear, the air feels as though the compressor isn't working. When I put it back in park and hold the engine at aprox. 2000 rpm it still blows cold. What would be the possible relationship between the two? Is there a sensor that could be causing what appears to be trans. problems and the a/c to act up at the same time?
I haven't done much AC work, so I'm no AC expert, but you might check the AC fan for the condenser. Could just be low on refrigerant. If you are low, it could seem like it works at low engine speed but not at higher engine speeds.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Does this car have electronic climate control (buttons) or 3 knob hvac.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
The wife brought to my attention what felt like transmission slip. Checked the fluid level and it was fine. I took the car down the road a bit and noticed a few things that are a little puzzleing. When the car is in park the a/c works fine. When put in gear, the air feels as though the compressor isn't working. When I put it back in park and hold the engine at aprox. 2000 rpm it still blows cold. What would be the possible relationship between the two? Is there a sensor that could be causing what appears to be trans. problems and the a/c to act up at the same time? It is a 2005 model.
You should investigate the possibility of vacuum storage loss, they when idilng you have high vacuum to do the dampers while under power not enough vacuum stored in the stoage can.

I realize the blend door is electric, but everything else is vacuum.

-chart-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The a/c has three knobs. She took the car to the local parts house and had them plug into their code reader and it came back with this: Cylinder 3 misfire. Ignition coil A primary/Secondary, Ignition coil C primary/secondary circuit. Would the ignition coil be the only thing that would need to be changed or is there other components involed that would have to be swapped at the same time?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts