Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya folks,

Recently purchased a 2003 vulcan SES sedan, and little by little I've been addressing the issues I've found on it. Unfortunately these two have me stumped:

A/C - The A/C compressor will not engage at idle. If the engine is anywhere but idle, the A/C will engage (and works well) but does not disengage, and the lines will freeze up. I can manually disengage it, let it defrost, and turn it back on. If I turn the A/C on (turn the knob to the left) while engine is at idle, the engine will start to stumble and will want to die.

I've already replaced the compressor, low pressure switch (the one next to the passenger headlight) and even swapped the PCM.

Anyone seen this problem before?

Defroster - The defroster engages (I see the light on the dash, the mirror defrost works) and I hear the click under the dash. A 12V test light shows power at the driver-side connector, and all the way up/down on that side. The test-light is dead on the passenger side, and there is no defrost (no section of the grid is defrosting)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(Continued)

There's a window tint in front the grid lines, but I don't see any grid-line damage.

Any suggestions? I was wondering if perhaps it wasn't grounding properly but the wire goes into a harness on the passenger side and I lose it.

Should I splice the wire and forcefully ground-it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts