Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I'm new to the forum and I'm having an issue with my 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L Flex fuel model. Hopefully someone can help me here so about a couple weeks ago my A/C compressor crapped out and seized and my belt melted and snapped. I went ahead and got a new compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube and so on. I swapped everything out and had just vacuumed the system preparing to add refrigerant i started adding the R134a and noticed the A/C clutch wasn't engaging. So i checked the clutch coil connector for power and realized there was no power going to it so from there i started checking fuses everything checked out good so then i went to the A/C clutch relay and realized the the relay isn't getting power to pin 5. I went ahead and jumped pin 5 with a wire straight to the battery and long behold the clutch kicked right on. So now I'm stuck on wondering why isn't my relay getting power i also noticed that both of my maxi fuses for the fans are completely dead so now i have no fans and no A/C and I'm stumped i read a lot of posts on here that had similar issues but weren't resolved. Other things i did was jumped the low pressure switch on the accumulator which did nothing and checked the high pressure switch next to the compressor and seen that its not getting power either. So I'm asking if anyone out there has a solution or can steer me in the right way on what to do next because i really miss driving my bull thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts