Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
There was in mine (manurfacture date was 11/98), but i now have an 01 SEL and it doesn't. Go figure.

Is there a presure switch inside the box? (like in a refrigerator)

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
you can add it back in easily....

there are 2 screws (10mm) holding the little bar that the clove box clips into at the top. Remove it, go to a junk yard and find a 96-99 taurus witht he glove box light. remove it in the same fassion and bolt it to your car. make sure to get about 6" of wire and the connector from the junk yard. then just wire it into some constant source in the car.

Brad

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
do you know if the connector if still part of the wiring on models that did not come equipped? I imagine it is. It would be possible to connect the glove box light into that plug without any splicing.

(i'm terrorized by nightmares of the old English cars I used to work on with hundreds of bad splices in the wiring)

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Good luck finding one in the junk yard. I had a glove box light in my 2000 bull, but not in my 2003 bull. :angry: All of the Gen III's that I have found don't have it. The junkyards around here that have the Gen IV's, are places where they pull the parts and don't let you into the yard. They wanted to just sell me the entire dash, not just the pieces. Good luck finding the carpet that goes on the inside of the trunk lid aswell. :angry:

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
the connector is not there....

as for finding one, there is alot of em around me! any junk yard should at least have a few!

Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts