Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

This is my first post here. I have been working on my father inlaws wagon and came across this site as having good info. The problem is that his car has a .240 amp draw that is draining his battery while the car is parked. I have found that the draw drops to .01 amps when I pull the #23 fuse. That fuse is marked wipers and vaps. From what I have searched on this forum the #23 fuse in the sedan appears to be the GEM. It appears to me that the fuse block arrangement in the sedan differs to the wagon. I'm hoping to get a wiring diagram of wiper and vaps circuit of a 99 Taurus Wagon. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had my local dealer print me fuse block diagram and the wagon is the same as the sedan. Even though the cover reads wiper/vaps it is actually the GEM. I went to the yard yesterday and picked up 2 GEM modules. I didn't have time to wait the 40 minutes plus for the GEM to deactivate the battery saver circuit so I'll test it today and report back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Success!!! Installed one of the gem modules and after 45 seconds amps were at 210ma. Waited 40 minutes more for the battery saver circuit and it dropped to 30ma. No re-keying or programing of any type was needed. Just replaced the gem and everything is good. Hope this helps someone in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.