Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, Recently replaced Bank 2 Sensor 1, PCV , and a few vacuum hoses around intake, cleaned MAF and new air filter. Check engine light was on. No light now after 700 miles and passed inspection!! Idles at light around 7,300 Idle has started to run rough a little when stopped at light. Bounces down to about 6,000 but will com back up. I also noticed will will jump, for a second, to 9,000 when stopped and then goes back to 7,300. I have to apply more brake pressure. I disconnected the IAC during a cold idle and the RPMs drop, runs rough, but doesn't quite stall. Plug back in and all Okay. No Codes so not sure where to focus my attention. Any thoughts??? Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Are you saying it rev's up to 9000 rpm? I'm not sure that is possible so it must be a misunderstanding. From the work you've done and the surging/rough idle I would guess you've got a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Vacuum suggestion. I thought I had that all resolved now with no check engine light on. Yes, of course my number should have been 900 RPM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
MCHERRY
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing