Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since that's what my wife's been driving for the past 15 years or so (bought used, still super clean with only 80K), I thought I'd check out the classifieds and see what the car might be worth. First ad I saw for a 99 wagon for sale read: 'Makes a great camper'.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the one that run's perfectly, never breaks down and gives me no problems whatsoever. (Professional mechanics call it "The Money Light".):)

·
Super Moderator
7,951 Posts
^^^^^ +1

Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^^ +1

Inquiring minds want to know.
Showing 2 codes now: P0102 - possible MAF
PO174 - lean bank 2, possible vacuum leak
However, the reason none of this bothers me is that the car runs fine, starts right up, idles well, good power, gets rated mileage, etc. Its only quirk is that when on downhills at freeway speeds it doesn't slow when lifting the accelerator, so it's probably getting some extra air from somewhere. PCV valve had popped off the valve cover a while back, so I cleaned it, popped it back in and looked at the hoses, but the PCV isn't as snug a fit as it should be, so it's prolly got a little leak there or somewhere else. Cleaned the MAF twice, but it didn't seem to change much, replaced air filter - ditto.
You've inspired me to check it out a bit more closely today, may even pick up a new PCV valve as it was fairly dirty.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
For any state that has emissions / smog check, a CEL will keep it from passing and a new owner won't be able to register it. Not sure what your state has. I know California the smog check is required to be done by the seller within 90 days prior to sale.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
NC DMV says my '99 wagon with vulcan engine 298K is worth about $1,300 and is property taxed at that value. It was a Hertz rental car, 10 months old 22K $12,600. Got a 99 Sable there too, $11,800.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks mcsteven, that is the first smart thing I have heard coming from California. I like the idea of passing the test put on the seller, but then I am sure even that will get fudged sometimes

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased my 1999 Passage Taurus SE wagon in 2001 as a rent turn in. The vehicle has never bombed me. Just tires, brakes,fluids and channels have been supplanted. The vehicle purchased with 29,000 miles on it for 11 thousand, presently has 208,000 miles on it. The back end is beginning to rust.
snaptube vidmate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts