Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK car was running great, than after I left the store its started running rough. CEL started flashing so I knew it was serious. I had to drive it 200 miles but seemed to run OK at high rpms. Got home found error "misfiring Bank 3". Changed just bank 3's plug to start narrowing things down, and it ran good. After a quick test run went back to the store and got 5 more plugs, only on the way home it started again, only diff was the CEL wasn't flashing. So I changed the wires and the coil pack but its still running rough. So finally I pulled the error again and its running lean on bank 1. Question is after much research, what is the next biggest culprit? I've got very little cash left and must have it repaired for another 200+ mile drive by Wednesday! Any advice would be appreciated. My next route so far is MAF cleaning, and I've checked the vac lines and can't see anything looking obvious. Please Help!

·
Super Moderator
8,631 Posts
First see if there is a pending P0174 for bank 2 lean. If not, the problem is likely only on bank 1, and the most likely cause of this is leaking intake gaskets. If you have a scan tool that can monitor mode 6 data and watch missfires accumulate on all 6 holes would also be helpful, as well as looking at long term fuel trims for each bank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts