Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone new member to the forum. I use it all the time to help solve problems but I cant seem to find a answer to my particular problem. I have a 99 Taurus 3.0 u code engine. When I get in car to head into town everything is ok right after startup, but when I get to town thats about 8 miles, when I approach a stop light if I am not paying attention the car will rev up and if I am not holding brake harder than normal the car wants to lunge forward. Sometimes if I am behind another car I think it would ram it. Doesnt do this all the time. I can see the tach increase rpms when it dors this then it settles back down. Never know when it will happen again. Under acceleration it does not happen runs fine. This is what I have done so far. Cleaned throttle body, mass air, plugs, and wires, looked for vacumn leaks have not found any. Any questions I will check back, hope some one can help.... Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry forfot to add I have cleaned IAC valve, and even replaced it with one from another car. No different result. Thanks for responding..

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Still could be a vac leak you havent found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts