Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bouth a 99 Taurus, everything seems fine except I don't have the keyless entry key code. I don't want to go to dealer to find it out with extra money. Is there a way to find it out all by myself?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for quick reply. My car is 99 Taurus SE. Hope I can find it somewhere either under dashboard or in the trunck. Will let you know.

Thanks again

·
Registered
379 Posts
1998 Ford Manual says this for the Taurus:

Entry Code

The system (permanent) entry code is located in three places:

- on the owner's wallet code card (in glove compartment).

- electronically accessible by requesting the remote anti-theft personality module KEYCODE PID on the New Generation Star (NGS) Tester 007-00500 or equivalent.

- on the remote anti-theft personality module housing.

.....The remote anti-theft personality module [is] located underneath instrument panel to the right of the steering colum...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked my manual, it say the key code is taped to the computer module.

I creep under the steering wheel with a torch, try to find out something. I saw 2 label on some boxes with some numbers, but none of them are five digits number(The key code is supposed to be a five digits number, right).

Am I doing the right thing? or the label could be on the other side of the box which is invisible from my position? Anybody know which one is the computer module? and what the label and number looks like? Thanks a lot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts