Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been replying to comments on my intro post, and realize that that isnt the appropriate forum, so im moving to here..
Forgive my seeming blatant arrogance about taurus'.. im brainstorming and bouncing my harebrained ideas off of you guys. haha
ive got a big imagination and once i set my mind to something ill do WHATEVER it takes to make that happen.
that being said...
ive been talking to people on my intro post about mounting possibilities and different engine applications.. is there a marketed engine management system for running two engines in tandem?? im googling and wikipedia-ing my heart out, and figured id ask you guys!
i want to make a truly unique sleeper/show car out of my taurus, and dont care how long it takes.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
ive been replying to comments on my intro post, and realize that that isnt the appropriate forum, so im moving to here..
Forgive my seeming blatant arrogance about taurus'.. im brainstorming and bouncing my harebrained ideas off of you guys. haha
ive got a big imagination and once i set my mind to something ill do WHATEVER it takes to make that happen.
that being said...
ive been talking to people on my intro post about mounting possibilities and different engine applications.. is there a marketed engine management system for running two engines in tandem?? im googling and wikipedia-ing my heart out, and figured id ask you guys!
i want to make a truly unique sleeper/show car out of my taurus, and dont care how long it takes.

You have a fourteen year old Ford Taurus.

Really, that should say it all, but...I guess if you had $xxx,xxx and nothing better to do, you could figure something out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a fourteen year old Ford Taurus.

Really, that should say it all, but...I guess if you had $xxx,xxx and nothing better to do, you could figure something out.
yea, precisely. i bought a cheap car that is in good condition, that i can do lots of modifying and fabricating on.
money..ill have to save up accordingly, so that makes this a project car and not a fixer.
but i really do want to make something completely out of the norm, and wild! something as unique as i am. haha

a couple of years ago i was looking into starting a 'custom fabrication on classic cars' business with a couple of buddies but lets just say they werent too financially responsible.... and so now im trying my hand on my personal car! im looking forward to a fun and interesting learning experience with it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
With the right amount of money, knowledge and the right people you can do anything. It mostly comes down to the money though. It's all what you really want to do to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, of course, there is what i fantasize about and then there is reality... like, i would LOVE to put a W12 Phaeton rear mounted buutttt realistically.. thats just not guna happen..
the Honda J35 mounted transverse with the auto tranny that goes with it is starting to sound preettyyy good.

·
Administrator
14,915 Posts
You might want to consider thinking of the Taurus more as a daily driver than as a blank canvas. There are other platforms that afford greater flexibility. Most of them are RWD. A Vic or Grand Marquis would be an excellent sleeper candidate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might want to consider thinking of the Taurus more as a daily driver than as a blank canvas. There are other platforms that afford greater flexibility. Most of them are RWD. A Vic or Grand Marquis would be an excellent sleeper candidate
alright. i appreciate that advice.

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres another question for you guys.
my transmission is starting to slip and act up, and the car is also taking a liiittle long to crank. anyone know of a good ford tranny shop in the north dallas area??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
RadarRacer
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing