Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody done a full turbo system on a 99 taurus? I have been toying with the idea of having the motor fully rebuilt with forged parts to hold a Garret 72mm...maybe a 100hp wet shot for kicks...I just think that having a Taurus with right around 450 horse would be AMAZING...however...I feel as though the transmission WILL NOT be able to keep up...I'm starting to think that Ford has failed again...any ideas?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Not that I have seen. I have sen 2 attempts so far and 1 didn't work out. The other I forget.

The Contour guys do it all the time though.

I would start with the stock motor and work from there, you should be fine with low boost. From there you can work your way up.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It might be good to start low and work your way up. That way you can find the weak spots and fix them.

24lbs is a lot for any car. I know SHOs usually run 12-14lbs and hit 400hp+.

I will be running 9psi and plan to hit 350hp at the cranks.

So 24lbs will be a lot and way more then 400hp

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm going to be watching this thread..I want pics though because if he figures it out and has the $ to do it will be sick. Although I think 1 of 2 things is gonna happen, he's going to build boost and put a torque converter through his ankles, or, there's gonna be a news bulletin of a terrorist flying a taurus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts