Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a 99 long roof with the DOHC engine with just at 120k miles bought from the original owner.
I purchased a re manufactured unit from Street smart transmissions. Supposedly they redo everything that Ford didn't get right and offer a unlimited miles 3 yr warranty.
Does anyone have any experience with these units? Not just from street smart but re-manufactured units in general. From my research these should be good for many many miles and the filter/fluid change interval is stated to be 15yrs or 500,000 miles. I love the car and have driven it over 5k miles already. But I tow a small pop-up camper(under 1100 pounds) and wanted to be sure I was not stranded somewhere in the middle of the country. Also a very large B&M plate style cooler installed. Anything I have missed?

·
Super Moderator
7,829 Posts
I have owned Tauri, both Vulcans and Tecs, for all but a few years since 1989. I always changed the tranny fluid every 25 to 30K miles, and replaced the filter every other fluid change. Also added aux tranny coolers to most of the cars. Zero issues with any of the transmissions ever. They all shifted like new when they went to the scrapper due to serious tin worm or were totaled due to other idiot drivers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts