Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine is rotating but not starting. I've checked the fuel pump fuse and relay, the inertia switch is down, and nothing is showing up on the code reader.

Earlier this week I was having trouble starting and I replaced the cam shaft sensor and hadnt had any problems until today.

Ive checked the pressure valve on the injector rack and I'm not getting anything to come out.

Anyone have any Idea what this might be?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am working on a similar problem. No or little pressure at the fuel rail. I have replaced the pump/strainer and filter, still no pressure. If you hear the fuel pump wind up, chances are it's OK. I also checked the pressure regulator on the rail, and the return line to the tank, both are OKl Oh, and I checked the both fuel lines for kinks and leaks.

So now I am digging deeper. Presently got the throttle body apart, looking for a leaky injector. I'll let you know how it comes out... Sorry if that's no help, but at least you know someone 'shares your pain' for now...

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Put a NOID light on the injectors and see if they are firing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took some advice from another member, and did a low tech test and found the problem. Seems I had a leaky injector. I found it by detaching the fuel rail with the injectors still on them. Then put some dixie cups under each injector and found that the injector closest to the test port was leaking. I had to key on/off a half dozen times to prime the system and find it. It's a bit of work (a few hours) to get to it, but in my case was worth it. Well, except to find out no one stocks an injector for a 3.8L... now I have to wait a week to get a new one. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I took some advice from another member, and did a low tech test and found the problem. Seems I had a leaky injector. I found it by detaching the fuel rail with the injectors still on them. Then put some dixie cups under each injector and found that the injector closest to the test port was leaking. I had to key on/off a half dozen times to prime the system and find it. It's a bit of work (a few hours) to get to it, but in my case was worth it. Well, except to find out no one stocks an injector for a 3.8L... now I have to wait a week to get a new one. Good luck.
Junkyard, unless you already paid for the new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts