Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever done this, and is it a straight forward swap, Im thinking just the subframe or engine cradle swap with engine and tranny , then the harness. Is this a straight up swap other then the wiring of course?? thinking also about turboing it as well. thanks for any imput on this.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i believe someone on shoforum had done this. though i cant imagine it would be that easy... easier to go to obd1 from obd2 than the other way around...

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It has been done but it is a lot of work for only 15hp. The 3.0 or 3.2 has a better aftermarket and not so many obsolete parts. The V6 is a much better platform to go with unless you have something for V8's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has been done but it is a lot of work for only 15hp. The 3.0 or 3.2 has a better aftermarket and not so many obsolete parts. The V6 is a much better platform to go with unless you have something for V8's.
I thought the v8 sho motor was a 32valve v8 like the markv8s and front wheel drive contintals, and the cobra mustangs with the exception of it being front wheel driven. If this is a 32valve v8 then theres alot of after market items to be had, the mark8 version was good for 285hp i think and the cobra was like 305hp, this was all from uncorking the motor and a different set of cams. Just a thought thats all, but you got to admit the thought of a front wheel drive v8 rated at 305 crank hp and add another 150hp with a turbo would be nasty, the internals of those motors will handle good power levels too!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I thought the v8 sho motor was a 32valve v8 like the markv8s and front wheel drive contintals, and the cobra mustangs with the exception of it being front wheel driven. If this is a 32valve v8 then theres alot of after market items to be had, the mark8 version was good for 285hp i think and the cobra was like 305hp, this was all from uncorking the motor and a different set of cams. Just a thought thats all, but you got to admit the thought of a front wheel drive v8 rated at 305 crank hp and add another 150hp with a turbo would be nasty, the internals of those motors will handle good power levels too!
it is a unique V8 32valve with Yamaha. It shares the Duratec bolt pattern and maybe a few other minor things but that it is about it. It shares nothing with the Mustang motor.

Several of the V6 SHO's have done 500hp+.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.