Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just under a year ago I replaced the switchbox behind the instrument panel ($75) that changes the temp based on the dial position on the instrument panel. Suddenly I am getting hot air one minute and cold air the next even with the dial set to heat. I pulled the instrument cluster and turned the dial to see if the box was working. It seemed to be moving as it should based on the dial position. I did not do this with engine running, waiting to see if the lever on the box moved without turning the dial. Any help would be appreciated. Signed-Freezing in Idaho ( high of 15 degrees)

·
Registered
834 Posts
When you say it blows hot 1 min and cold the next even in the hot setting...could you elaborate a little? For example...does it blow hot when you driving on the highway or high RPM's, then as soon as you slow down or stop it blows cold?....Or does it just flip flop back & forth between hot & cold without rhyme or reason? What's the condition of the coolant? Has the coolant and cooling system been maintained according to the maintnance schedule or serviced for anything recently? And lastly...what engine does your car have...is it a Vulcan or Duratec? Vulcan's between the years of '96-'99 are notorious for waterpump impellers rotting away and messing up the cooling system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts