Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted previously about my heating issue, where it would blow warm for a second and then cool after, but if I switched it off for a few mins it would repeat the process. I noticed today going to work in 40 degree weather my car will get up to temp and when I hit the interstate at 70 my temp gauge drops all the way down to just below the operating temp line above the C. I don't think this is normal, any ideas?

Jason

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my 96 GL Vulcan. When I first got the car I did a flush and replaced the thermostat with an after market one. Came to find out Ford uses a different shapt to fit the housing. To make a long story short, the thermostat was stuck in the open position, not letting coolant heat up. Evev during the summer mine always ran cold.
Took it to a local shop. this time with a Ford thermostat and a new housing. Had em machine flush the system and re-flush the heater core. Now It runs at proper temp, and I have HOT air from the system.
I don't post much but have read a quite a few posts from others who also had bad aftermarket thermostats, and that may be what you have.
GrumpysGL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.