Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i appreciate the replies to my first post. So the taurus (duratech v6) seems to bog down when shifting into drive or park but it great when it gets on the highway, the SES light came back on after they cleared it so i took it to the hobby shop on base again, they read it out and it popped up a p1742/p1743 TCC solenoid failed code, the guy at the shop wasn't that familiar but what can you do for cheap/free advice, he recommended i do a little research. So i did it looks like the lights other lights might be part of the problem, the o/d light flashing the (!)(P) light staying on most of the time there are definelty some issues that others have ad, i am about to take it to a transmission shop and let them diagnose the problem see what they say but i thought i would try to give a little more detail about the problem see what you much more experienced people have to say about.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Well, you need to take it to a shop, and for heaven sake, stop driving it till the issue is fixed. The solenoid may have failed, or the Od retainer could have popped off. If you ignore it, the transmission will self destruct.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts