Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i've recently purchased a 98 ford taurus from a friend of mine. It still has the stock radio in it and i'm trying to use one of those adapters to change things over. I have the digital controls so i don't have all the wires or other modules to make the change. I would like some suggestions on how to get around this if possible. And any links to parts and diagrams that would be necessary would be fantastic.

·
Registered
22,983 Posts
^+1. Iirc, Metra and Scosche offer gen3 kits for manual hvac, but not for eatc (auto). If eatc, may easiest to go Mach rcu (amp), door speakers and sail tweeters.

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
304 Posts
As you’re undoubtedly finding out, they don’t make the face plates for an aftermarket stereo with the electronic climate controls. I had a client who replaced all of my speakers, added a custom subwoofer in place of the third row seat (I have a 99 wagon) added to good-sized amps, and a Bluetooth. I would love to replace my factory head unit. I found that you might have two options.

Pull the system apart as much as you can so that you have just the face plate and I believe you will have a control for the electronica climate system. If you have body shop skills or know someone that does you might cut the opening (I believe these can only fit a single DIN unit) then use a plastic filler for the rest of the stereo holes. Sand and shape then paint.

The other option is to get one of the available faceplates that is made to work with the manual controls. Pull your current face plate, cut it, match the cut with the replacement, and mate the two remaining halves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you’re undoubtedly finding out, they don’t make the face plates for an aftermarket stereo with the electronic climate controls. I had a client who replaced all of my speakers, added a custom subwoofer in place of the third row seat (I have a 99 wagon) added to good-sized amps, and a Bluetooth. I would love to replace my factory head unit. I found that you might have two options.

Pull the system apart as much as you can so that you have just the face plate and I believe you will have a control for the electronica climate system. If you have body shop skills or know someone that does you might cut the opening (I believe these can only fit a single DIN unit) then use a plastic filler for the rest of the stereo holes. Sand and shape then paint.

The other option is to get one of the available faceplates that is made to work with the manual controls. Pull your current face plate, cut it, match the cut with the replacement, and mate the two remaining halves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you happen to the corresponding wiring diagrams so i can splice and match the wires?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts