Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really hate the factory console. Only three cup holders and just the middle one works OK, the top and bottom one either too big or to small to hold a cup. The console don't have much room for thinks like a CD player and several CDs.

Does anybody have experience which aftermarket console works better for 98 Taurus?

Also, wants to add some cup holders for the back seats. There is even NONE comes with the factory.

There is no really much space for garbage in the car. Compared with Japan cars, the design is so miserable.

Any advices?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
What do you mean there is no space for garbage in the car? The back seat and trunk are huge. I do think, however, that if you're looking for a place to put garbage, you need to get a trash can and empty pockets or whatever before you get in the car or take it with you when you leave.

What factory console do you have? The floor or column shifter? I have the floor shift console, and I have plenty of room for everything I need. The cupholder are more than adequate. I think your comment about Japanese cars having better designs is completely off-base, but it's your opinion. I like the design of the interior...and I hate to say it, but if you didn't like the design and layout of the interior, why did you buy the car?

JR

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 17 2004, 01:23 PM
What do you mean there is no space for garbage in the car? The back seat and trunk are huge. I do think, however, that if you're looking for a place to put garbage, you need to get a trash can and empty pockets or whatever before you get in the car or take it with you when you leave.

What factory console do you have? The floor or column shifter? I have the floor shift console, and I have plenty of room for everything I need. The cupholder are more than adequate. I think your comment about Japanese cars having better designs is completely off-base, but it's your opinion. I like the design of the interior...and I hate to say it, but if you didn't like the design and layout of the interior, why did you buy the car?

JR
I have is a column shift. So there is a flip out type of center cosole with three tiled cup holder.

Just switch from a older Jap car to the Bull. Kinda in the transition to be used to it. NO offense to anybody at all.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ah I know what he is talking about. Yes, I have to agree with him in some ways that the flip-out piece is annoying. You might be able to adapt a floor shifter system to work in there, because they are much better.

The nice thing about the flip-out piece is that you can hide CDs and other things where the console rests when closed. There's a cool storage cubby and when you flip closed the console, nobody would ever know you're hiding anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts