Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 98 Taurus SE, when the car warms up the heat will blow hot only for a second and then go lukewarm, depending on outside temperature. Any ideas what could be causing this? I can turn it off and wait a few mins and then back to vent and it'll be warm again for a second. Car isn't low on coolant and I'm not getting a gurgle from the heater core being low

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sounds like a clogged heater core though maybe not too clogged, because it sounds as though some coolant is getting thru. Try clamping your HC bypass hose shut and see if your heat movement doesn't improve. GOOD LUCK! P.S I tried this last winter and my heat was better the more I drove it the better the heat I drive an 02' vulcan and eventually flushed the core again GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sounds like a clogged heater core though maybe not too clogged, because it sounds as though some coolant is getting thru. Try clamping your HC bypass hose shut and see if your heat movement doesn't improve. GOOD LUCK! P.S I tried this last winter and my heat was better the more I drove it the better the heat I drive an 02' vulcan and eventually flushed the core again GOOD LUCK!
The problem with that is it forces the gunk thats clogging your heater core into the rest of your system. If it's clogging the heater core what do you think it does to the radiator or block/head?

Take a garden hose and flush it through. When the water runs clear through and unimpeded it should be good to go.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.