Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 98 Taurus SE with the 3.0 DOHC v6.

I took it to the mechanic last year and it came back with a messed up emissions setup that comes off the large MAF hose on the back side, the connection that is near the PCV tube and below the brake booster tube which is on the top side.

I believe this also to have the hard plastic 5/16 red tubing connected to it. When I got it back it was broken off.
It travels along the backside of the intake manifold to this connection. Unfortunately I cannot find and pictures of it nor can Ford nor any diagrams.

I think it is part of a three part connection possibly with a plastic T but I do not know. It is throwing a code as well.

If anyone has this could you please take pictures of it? My only other option is to go to a junkyard and see if one is still intact. I think the 98-03 series are all the same for this setup.

Thank you.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome. As @jag1959 said, please post your problem in the forum related to your car. The intro forums don't get a lot of traffic, and I don't have that gen bull, so I can't help. I think you have a gen 3, and I have a gen 4.5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts