Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping I am headed in the right direction....
Transmission lines went out, had to have vehicle towed (battery disconnected)
Lines replaced...drove great for approximately 10 days. Fluid levels good.
Drove approx. 10 miles, tranny went into neutral, then re-engaged. Stopped to get gas. Car started great, with no issues to home.
Next day, warmed car, fluid levels down. Filled, drove later in day, drove great, no slippage, through the gears with no hesitation. Waited til next morning to check again. Put vehicle into reverse, then into Drive...seemed like it went into neutral. Shut vehicle off, waited 5 minutes, restarted...reversed, then into Drive. No problems, no issues.
To me this does not directly sound like a transmission issue...more of electronic issue. Such as when the computer re-booted it did not re-boot properly....VSS sensor, or ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
When VSS starts to fail the tach works just fine but speedometer will not move if analog (not sure about digital) and transmission will stay in first gear then rev high rpm, then violently shift hard into second. What is the mileage on the transmission? Takes a while for VSS to throw error codes if they ever do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When VSS starts to fail the tach works just fine but speedometer will not move if analog (not sure about digital) and transmission will stay in first gear then rev high rpm, then violently shift hard into second. What is the mileage on the transmission? Takes a while for VSS to throw error codes if they ever do.

Vehicle has 149,000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts