Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all fellow gear heads.. I have a 98 Sable with the DOHC Duratec motor... The car idles high when it is first started, to be exact about 3000 RPM. The car then drops down to about 1800 RPM the starts to idle high again.... I took it to autozone and got the codes read... It came up with a code that recommended that the TPS Sensor be replaced, so I did. I then reset the computer and the car appeared to be fixed. After about 25 miles of driving the cars service engine light came on and it is idling high again. I am going crazy and just want to fix this issue. I added the Lucas fuel injection cleaner as recomended by a local mechanic, and still the same issue. My next guess would be to replace the IAC , but I really don't want to replace every sensor in the car, so if someone has any ideas please let me know your thoughts on this. Any ideas wold be greatly appreciated..... Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you can not find any leaking hoses (should be the first thing to check), I would then take IAC out for a cleaning, if not helps, replace it (i did mine recently)

QUOTE (cosmo02905 @ Jul 12 2009, 07:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738938
Hello all fellow gear heads.. I have a 98 Sable with the DOHC Duratec motor... The car idles high when it is first started, to be exact about 3000 RPM. The car then drops down to about 1800 RPM the starts to idle high again.... I took it to autozone and got the codes read... It came up with a code that recommended that the TPS Sensor be replaced, so I did. I then reset the computer and the car appeared to be fixed. After about 25 miles of driving the cars service engine light came on and it is idling high again. I am going crazy and just want to fix this issue. I added the Lucas fuel injection cleaner as recomended by a local mechanic, and still the same issue. My next guess would be to replace the IAC , but I really don't want to replace every sensor in the car, so if someone has any ideas please let me know your thoughts on this. Any ideas wold be greatly appreciated..... Thanks in advance....[/b]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (drj @ Jul 12 2009, 08:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738952
if you can not find any leaking hoses (should be the first thing to check), I would then take IAC out for a cleaning, if not helps, replace it (i did mine recently)

QUOTE (cosmo02905 @ Jul 12 2009, 07:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738938
Hello all fellow gear heads.. I have a 98 Sable with the DOHC Duratec motor... The car idles high when it is first started, to be exact about 3000 RPM. The car then drops down to about 1800 RPM the starts to idle high again.... I took it to autozone and got the codes read... It came up with a code that recommended that the TPS Sensor be replaced, so I did. I then reset the computer and the car appeared to be fixed. After about 25 miles of driving the cars service engine light came on and it is idling high again. I am going crazy and just want to fix this issue. I added the Lucas fuel injection cleaner as recomended by a local mechanic, and still the same issue. My next guess would be to replace the IAC , but I really don't want to replace every sensor in the car, so if someone has any ideas please let me know your thoughts on this. Any ideas wold be greatly appreciated..... Thanks in advance....[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks I will take a look at it. Did cleaning your IAC solve your problem or did you have to replace it?????

·
Registered
25 Posts
took it out, sprayed with TB cleaner. it made some positive change, but not good enough. put in a new one from Autozone, big change. after that, I also changed fuel filter and seafoamed the engine. now it is almost as good as new :banana:

QUOTE (cosmo02905 @ Jul 13 2009, 01:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739116
Thanks I will take a look at it. Did cleaning your IAC solve your problem or did you have to replace it?????[/b]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts