Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, my car has had piss poor heat for a while, and I assumed it was because the heater core was plugged.. Got it flushed (it really was plugged, not a shock) and funny thing is, it blows warm air for a minute then gets cooler. My mechanic and I then realized that in every mode (except the off mode) the A/C compressor is engaged and running.. I know it could be the blend door, or just a faulty switch on the dash console.. Looking for second opinions though. Ideas?! And I probably should mention that it has no trouble what-so-ever switching vents, so that kind of makes me think it isn't the blend door/actuator but what do I know :)

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
It's normal for the A/C to run in all positions except for "OFF", "VENT", and "FLOOR". In defrost, defrost/floor, panel vent/floor and A/C modes, the compressor runs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I found that on google shortly after I posted this. Had a bad heater/ac control switch too, which was contributing to the issue I had. Now I just have to flush out this damn heater core! :angry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts