Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help would be appreciated!, I have removed the panel and trying to figure out how to bypass the motor, which I guess just pooped out cause I hear the " clicking" but no action from the window...wouldn't bother me if it was stuck in the up position, but nooo...its down...

Thanx in advance...

B)

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
Sounds like the cheap plastic planetary gears inside the motor have stripped. Either get a new motor or see if you can get a gear kit and just replace the gears.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The only problem I have had with the widows is the connector gets loose and the motor stops working. Just unplugging the connector and plugging it back in would always work for me. But yours sounds like a bad motor.

I have some for sale if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, thax guys...motor was DOA...I had an easy temp fix until I get a new motor...of course remove the panel, underneath, right where the motor is there are 3 bolts..take em out..remove motor and then you will see an exposed bar closest to the end of the open door with two bolts...take em out..window is free to be pulled up...position, reset the bar and its locked in place until you can replace the motor...anywhoo..thanx all

peace
John
B)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts