Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I freakin love this car it has everything my 91 SHO had (sans 5 speed :angryfire: ) and a bit more! It looks a bit funny but its pretty high dollar car for what little I paid. I'm actually suprised by the cars handling. I bleed Ford blue :salute: like the rest of you but I love this German Caddy!!!

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I dunno, not really a fan of Cateras.

I hear their reliability isn't that great and the styling is kinda blah. When I see a Catera I just don't think "Hey, that's a Cadillac".

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In that same year, the SHO was putting out 35 more horses and 35 lbs/ft...then again it was a V8, but a very small 8 cylinder. I was thinking about getting a Catera but it's just not that appealing (appearance-wise) but that's just my opinion.

I've also heard of some reliability issues. But good luck, hope those don't apply to you.

Inside the car, is it about the same size or smaller?...just curious

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Inside the car, is it about the same size or smaller?...just curious
[/b]
my impression of the car was that it was slightly less room inside. They are very nice, but I thought they were built on the older holden commodore chassis, granted the europeans had the commodore in thier opel and vauxhaull divisions.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Catera = Opel Omega.

They are decent cars. My friend had one, and it would NEVER stop leaking oil. Ever. lol.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Electrical gremlins FTL.

Enjoy her though, I hope we get one in at work so I can take her for a spin.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Catera = Opel Omega.

They are decent cars. My friend had one, and it would NEVER stop leaking oil. Ever. lol.
[/b]
I always thought it was based off the Cavalier. Good thing I'm wrong.

I've never driven one but I don't think they look bad on the outide, no idea about the inside.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Electrical gremlins FTL.

Enjoy her though, I hope we get one in at work so I can take her for a spin.
[/b]
Ha. We had 2 in at work today, one this morning for a battery and another for a tire. :)

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
[/b]
It was the Cimarron ( :puke: ) that was based off the Cavalier. That car almost destroyed Cadillac.

The Catera is nice mostly because of the rear-wheel drive, but it doesn't seem at all like a Cadillac. Not the Cadillac style, and only a 3.0L V6.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
It was the Cimarron ( :puke: ) that was based off the Cavalier. That car almost destroyed Cadillac.

[/b][/quote]
i know someone who had one of those. it wasnt even so much based on the cavalier, it WAS a cavalier with leather seats and a digital dash. what an embarrassment.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

The Catera is nice mostly because of the rear-wheel drive, but it doesn't seem at all like a Cadillac. Not the Cadillac style, and only a 3.0L V6.
[/b][/quote]

Oh god not the Cadvalier!!!

my friend mike had a Cavalier and we kept joking saying he should upgrade to a Cimarron :lol2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts