Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to get the valve body off. I printed off the sheets on how to do the removal, but the thing wont budge. I left in the 5 bolts that the photo showed to leave installed. I even tried to back out just a little on those bolts 1 at a time to see if it would move some. I do have 1 extra bolt on the bottom right of the valve body, its short so I put it back in. it s not holding it from moving. any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
You've missed a bolt somewhere. I don't have a pic handy, but there are 1 or 2 that you can't easily see from above, so make sure you look very carefully. I'd actually remove each bolt you have left one by one, and replace them if they're a short bolt, but leave them out if they're long. You've probably missed a long bolt somewhere, cuz the valve body shouldn't be hard to pull off with the bolts out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I indeed missed a bolt. When I went inside the valve body I didnt find a broken clip, but the valve didnt seem to slide as freely as I thought it should. I reamed the passage with the valve until if moved more freely and replaced the valve with the sonnax kit. I also replaced the other clip that looks the same as that one and also the 3-4 shift solenoid. Hopefully my OD will be restored when I get it back together. Being that I didnt find too much of what I expected, is there anything else I should check before putting the side pan back on and buttoning up the rest?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts