Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the local junkyard for a set of 98-99 taillights. They wanted $60 EACH! The dealership wants $104 each. Youv'e got to be kidding me that they would want so much.

Does anyone know a junkyard around them that will sell them cheaper? I would be willing to pay for someone else to buy them and ship them to me if the price is right.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Not to hijack this thread but if you see any gen3 sables while you are there i'm needing a pasenger side tail light for my 98 sable. Dealer wants like 140 (ridiculous). If you see any please let me know how much it would be.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
check ebay guys...they have frequent deals on there even though it is used...It will be much cheaper than getting it from somebody arond there... I have seen some gen 3's for around 56 or even low as 25....Just wish I had the cash for the 25.... Just go to Ebay and search for "99 Taurus" You should get everything you need...

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I saw a 3G Sable at the parts yard just the other day. I don't know what the taillights look like, but I can take a gander if you want. I can get those lights for $35 a side. You want to pay the shipping, I'll clean 'em up and ship 'em out!

There was also a 3G bull, but I thought it has rear-end damage. Same pricing would apply.

Also, I thought I'd mention this - any 2G Sable owners that have a yellowed lightbar, I found one in the parts yard that is in PERFECT condition. Looks brand new, take my word on it, I've yet to see a car on the road with a bar in the condition that it was in, let alone a parts car. Let me know if there's any interest.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
If you wouldn't mind, take a look and see if you can find a 98' Sable, Toreador Red. IF you can, see what the driver's side rear door looks like...I need a new one...

JR

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Well, I know there's a 3G Sable there, but it's not TR. I can check out the door and get a price on it, but, the shipping will be nutz. Where are you located?

I can get pretty good pricing on most of this stuff, I'm freinds with the owner's son. This is the same joint I got the SHO skirts from 2 years back for $20. In fact, I got a dash bezel with headlight switch and three-button clock, airbag covers, RF headlight and sidemarker, harnesses, cruise control buttons, a bunch of trim fasteners, and a fusebox door for my girls Z/24 for $45 on Saturday. :makeadeal:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Even if it's not Toreador Red, I'm planning on getting it painted. It will be shipped to zip code 07753. If you send it bulk shipping, it should only be like 50 bucks or so, which, of course, I would pay...

JR

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 29 2004, 08:49 AM
I saw a 3G Sable at the parts yard just the other day. I don't know what the taillights look like, but I can take a gander if you want. I can get those lights for $35 a side. You want to pay the shipping, I'll clean 'em up and ship 'em out!

There was also a 3G bull, but I thought it has rear-end damage. Same pricing would apply.

Also, I thought I'd mention this - any 2G Sable owners that have a yellowed lightbar, I found one in the parts yard that is in PERFECT condition. Looks brand new, take my word on it, I've yet to see a car on the road with a bar in the condition that it was in, let alone a parts car. Let me know if there's any interest.
If it is in pretty good condition (use your best judgement, i trust you) and looks like the one in the picture i posted above then sure 35 for that plus s/h would be great. The key thing is that it doesn't have any cracks/dings/chips out of the lense. I got some cleaner that should clean it up if it's mildly scratched.

The cheapest i have seen on ebay was 55 or so. If you could let me know how much shipping would be to 47907 that would be great.. And i'm only needing the passenger taillight, just to clarify. :)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Will do, on both counts. It may be a week or so before I can get out there. Remind me next week, I'll take a spin out with some tools and such.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 29 2004, 01:00 PM
Will do, on both counts. It may be a week or so before I can get out there. Remind me next week, I'll take a spin out with some tools and such.
When next week would you like to be reminded? :)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Maybe next Thursday, so I can gear up my buddies to go.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me, i just added a reminder on my calendar so i won't forget to remind you :D

If you wouldn't mind, could you also find out a price on the part i have circled below. Sorry I don't know the name but it is a par of the center console and is where the ash tray would normally be. This is actually a pic of the one that Brad had made up for his car so he could mount an Aftermarket HU in that area like i plan on doing with the part.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I'm aware it's a custom part that Brad made himself since i have been talking with him about it. I just wanted the stock part that is located in that same spot i just didn't have a picture from that area in my own car when i posted that post.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 29 2004, 03:23 PM
Maybe next Thursday, so I can gear up my buddies to go.
Beep...Beep...Beep...

TrueBlue, this is your one week/thursday reminder you asked that i give you. I've also PM'd you incase you happen to miss this.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Also...Trueblue...could you see if you can find a gray Gen III steering wheel in good condition obviously with airbag, electronic speed controls. I don't need the airbag module, just the wheel. My club has screwed up the leather wrap and caused it to get rubbed off in some spots.

JR

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey JR, just a little info on the "Club"

It really doesn't work. the steering wheel itself is made of a very soft metal, to facilitate your face if you happen to get into an accident. All a thief has to do is cut the steering wheel, and the Club slides right off. I just don't want you to have a false sense of security. Don't ask me how I know this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts