Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can start it in cold weather. I warm the engine for a couple of minutes. Then I shift to R and want to go. Once go to R, the car will shut down automaticely. After that, I could not start the car any more. It can crank but not start. I tried some times but no lucky. I can measure the voltage of battery. It was 12.44 V. It looks OK.
After waiting about 10 minute, I can start it and drive it. The voltage is about 14.33 V after the car running.
Any one has any idea?
By the way, I have change the belt a month ago. But the old belt is a little short then new one. I bought the new belt from dealer. They pretty sure they gave me a correct type belt. The old belt length maybe 850 or something? But it is not motocraft. Is that helpful?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Try pushing the gas down just a bit when it is in one of the no start situations. If it does start then it is the IAC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have taken IAC off and Spray some Tune Up liquid bought from Dealership. But I found the two hole in upper intake manifold are full of carbon. How can I clean them? If use the clean liquid also, the dirty liquid will be into upper intake maniflod, is it harmful?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts