Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the radio/tape player only occasionally working on my 97 Taurus. I have noticed that the radio seems only to work when the clock is working. Does the digital clock display all the time or only when the ignition key is turned on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
you couldnt figure that out that the only way to get your cd player to work was to turn the car on, which would provide power!?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps you should reread that post.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by Apoc@Oct 11 2004, 10:47 PM
you couldnt figure that out that the only way to get your cd player to work was to turn the car on, which would provide power!?
Be nice man, you don't need to act like that towards him.

Besides, many GMs radios won't turn off until you open the driver's door, or after a set amount of time.

Just cool your jets, newbie.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:blink: If APOC had bothered to read the post correctly, he may have noticed that I did not ask how to get power to the audio system. The question was:
Does the digital clock display all the time or only when the ignition key is turned on?
On most vehicles I have owned recently, the digital clock will display even if the ignition is not turned to run or accessory.

Thankyou FIRESPIRIT. You answered my question perfectly. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
If I remember my Gen 3 Taurus correctly, the clock will also turn on if you push the "H" or "M" buttons, even with the key out of the ignition. I think this applies on the Gen 4 as well, but I don't feel like going out and testing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts